Getting to Montreal

Saturday, January 2, 2010


Normally flying to a new city is usually no big deal for me, but this time it was different. The first leg of our flight today was from Charlotte to Chicago O'Hare. I had had one previous run in with O'Hare on my way to Rome and a 2 hour layover turned into 6, needless to say i was not pleased. This time would however prove to me that Chicago was ready to repent of its previous transgressions.


First of all we had a perfect view of the skyline from the plane as we flew in over Lake Michigan. I have not been to Chicago really since I lived there when I was not old enough to remember it. My visit this time, however, started off with a 10am Chicago Dog (couldn't pass it up). Then as we were about to board our flight they asked for 7 volunteers to leave two hours later and receive a $250 travel voucher. The group was all for this, and since I am trying to scrounge the money together to come out and see everyone for Conner's wedding I wasn't about to complain. So went and got lunch and came back. And to our surprise, they oversold the flight again and were offering a $250 travel voucher but to leave a 7:45 pm. Well the group was hesitant about arriving so late. However, when we talked to them they offered to switch us to Air Canada leaving at 4:00pm. So we took. For having not spent any money and then making $500 in travel vouchers, I would say this trip is a success already.

6 comments:

red said...

YAY!!!! So I hope that means you get to use them to come see us. I hope your trip goes well. Kick some A.

Michelle said...

Thank you Chicago!

Love you babe, stay warm

Lauren and Carter said...

YAY! I'm so excited you got those and can get out here for the wedding...not too long now!

Mary Lou said...

Collin is definitely the hero! Way to take it for the family to get out here for the wedding!! I can't wait to see you guys again.

Cindy said...

Sweet! Making smart business decisions already :)

grandma blair said...

I think you guys are being watched over and are so blessed. How else do you explain free tickets to come home for your brothers wedding. Way to go, see you in Feb.