The "New Daddy Post"

Friday, April 4, 2008

















We'll here is the obligatory "New Dad" post. Things have been going well as a new dad. She has been an absolute angel so far. She is definitely a daddy's girl. I can put her to sleep in an instant, and she always behaves for me. Michelle is already a pro and the Mom thing, she is far ahead of me. Luckily she is because I still struggle with changing the diapers, and putting on new clothes, but I am getting the hang of it. I love just holding her while she sleeps, I think that she will have a hard time sleeping in a crib, because I am always holding her when she is sleeping. I have never really been great with babies, so it is nice to have a baby that likes being with me, and who will go to sleep for me. She was a hit with the nurses, and was nicknamed the "Fireball" of the nursery. Can' wait for our first night with her. 

6 comments:

Sharon Blair said...

Collin,
I am so glad that she is always good for you. Let me know in about a week if she still is. No wait until she is two and let me know. You are a great Daddy and we are so proud of you and Michelle.

Le said...

So cute!! Enjoy these days when you can just hold her and let her sleep. And don't worry about the clothes, I still wonder about Dan when he gets the kids dressed sometimes.

Cindy said...

So sweet and adorable! Hope she sleeps well for you guys at night. Enjoy this first year, once they turn one and start talking it's mostly downhill after that! JK

Anna said...

So fun. Good luck and have fun. She will lose her newborn look and feel so quick, love it while it's there. Which looks like exactly what you guys are doing. enjoy

Brandt said...

I still struggle witht e new cloths thing. Eddy now cries if he sees me coming with any type of clothing. For some reason I just have a hard time with getting his head through the neck hole. I might figuer it out soon, but I think that he will learn to get his cloths on all by himself. Fireball will be just fine.

Mom B said...

I loved your new daddy pictures and thoughts. She is such a doll and you need to enjoy all of her sleeping while it lasts:)