Forgive me for I have sinned

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Today is a sad, sad day for "My Precious" (Macbook). The man finally made me install windows on my macbook. It still amazes me that people don't want to switch over to a much more stable, and fast world, like the one that is provided by apple. The reason that I had to install windows on my macbook is that Excel is seriously gimped for macs, they don't allow macros or add-ins, or regression analysis. So for my decision analysis class I had to install windows. The good news is that it was free, and I know you are all thinking that I stole it, but HA, it didn't. The school has an alliance with microsoft to give us windows for free. Here is an interesting side note though. I have never seen windows run as stable and fast as it does on my macbook. So chalk another one up for the Mac camp. As for the first week of school, all that I can say right now is that I am extremely tired, but absolutely loving every minute of it. Stay tuned for a more in depth look at a first year MBA students life.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that you can see my "homework" in the background of your homework. :) So sorry babe that you had to go back to the world of windows. I won't judge you, as for Misty and Graydon I can't speak for.

grandma blair said...

So glad that you were able to get Windows for Free! Glad that it works so well for you.

Mom B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom B said...

You really are in for a treat. Jeff LOVED his MBA program - they had great guest instructors who were very successful businessmen from all areas of business. And you and Michelle will have opportunities there that you would never get here.

Graydon Blair said...

Ah yes, Windows on a Mac.
That actually was one of the first things I threw on mine (had too, I've got a bunch of PC apps that won't run under Mac--DARN!)

The cool thing is that Windows on a Mac runs really, really fast & really really well.

-Graydon
Whose been impressed by his Mac so far as well.