Chrysler Day Picnic

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

You would think that the day I meet the CEO of Chrysler Group LLC and Fiat, Sergio Marchionne, a man that I greatly respect, that might be the highlight of my day. But in all actuality it really was a backstory to meeting the love of my life. If you ask Michelle, she will tell you that I am currently obsessed with the Ferrari 458 Italia. It is the most beautiful car ever, its lines are amazing, and it is fast as HELL!

To my great surprise yesterday one showed up on the Chrysler front lawn along with a Ferrari California, Maserati Quattroporte, and two Maserati GT's. These were all for the Chrysler Group picnic today. What is special about this is that during the DaimlerChrysler days you would have never seen a brand new hot Mercedes along side a Chrysler Group vehicle. This to me was more evidence that this marriage will work out.
Below is my baby the 458 Italia. How how I want this beautiful mid-engined Ferrari. It is even more exquisite in person. Car costs $225,000 for the base model, this one was $247,000. Insurance costs are $2,000 per month and totally worth it.
The California was also gorgeous. I was really able to see how meticulous the interior is crafted in a Ferrari. All hand sewn leather, and all the amenities.
What stole the day for me though was how beautiful a Maserati looks in person. I got a chance to sit in a Quattroporte (the perfect family car) and it was amazing. I have never sat in a more comforatble car. And the styling on these are so striking. In person they are just plain amazing. The great thing about the Maserati's is that they only cost $135,00o for the base model. I could definitely do that, right?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Carter said...

Sweet Car Bro.

red said...

The California made me drool. Some day. I've never been able to touch one before, that's awesome.

Kelly said...

The 458 is probably the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

Max said...

Maserati 458
3000 lbs
275 c.i.
570 HP
400 ft pds
200+ MPH
0-60 3.4 sec.

So what's everybody so excited about?

Mary Lou said...

wow, that just looks fun and expensive!