Woodward Dream Cruise

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Since moving away from SLC I have been missing going to parades and stuff. Well I have officially found our replacement. Every year Detroit hosts the Woodward Dream Cruise. The Cruise is the single largest car event in the world. An estimated 50,000 classic cars and 1.5 million people attend. Woodward goes from downtown Detroit all the way out to Pontiac, which is about 25 miles. And its full of classic cars the entire way. We started at 13 mile in Royal oak and walked around that area today. And let me say it was a blast, even Michelle loved it. The best part was that whenever a big angry car revved its engine the fetus would jump in Michelle. Oh yeah, we definitely have a car lover on the way. Here are some of our favorites.

I just couldn't resist the Delorian. Its was also on sale for $23,400, WHAT A STEAL!
D just sat in the stroller and had a blast, she was such a good girl.
I had to get some of our new products in there, a.k.a. the Fiat 500's. Cool little cars.
yes, Michelle knows I'm posting this super sexy picture, this is the only picture of her. Isn't she one sexy woman? Or is she on drugs in this pic?

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I think it's funny you say the fetus is a car lover. Every time the car revved and I got a sharp pain I assumed the "fetus" is a car hater :)
Oh and I think the people watching was the best part.

grandma blair said...

those are some pretty awesome cars. glad you got to go see them. Where was the car show at?

grandma blair said...

I just read your whole blog, don't know why I didn't read it before. Now I know where you were and what you were doing.

Max said...

Wow. And to think I've wasted a trip cross country to to see a baby born. I want to come and see this next year! Maybe by then I'll have classic car to drive myself.
You know, I've been thinking of taking this wimpy 1.0L 3 cylinder engine out of the Metro and put in one of the hulking 1.3L engines they came with! Now we're talking real horses!!

Mary Lou said...

That looks like a fun day. Glad you guys are enjoying Michigan!!