The Man Crush

Sunday, March 30, 2008


This is a picture of my Boyfriend. I recently had a conversation at work about the subject of the MAN-CRUSH. A man crush can be a very powerful thing, or woman crush for women. Wikipedia describes a man crush as the following "Man crush is a term sometimes used to
 describe a fondness and admiration a self-identified heterosexual man feels for another man." That sums it up about right. I am a self-identified heterosexual, but whenever I get to watch
 Tiger play golf I get butterflies in my stomach. Quite simply he is the greatest athlete ever. He is so intense, and just kills everyone. Plus he is just plain sexy. 

I wish that I could just leave it at Tiger Woods though, but sadly I have more man crushes. Jason Bourne, not Matt Damon, but Jason Bourne I could watch him kick the crap out of people all day. Brad Pitt, what can I say he is just awesome. Tom Cruise, I think that this started with Top Gun, every kid loves this movie, but he is the definition of a Hard-A-- in that movie. And
 last but certainly not least, Will Farrell, I probably quote him more than anyone, plus he looks good without a shirt.  
Well I hope you all liked my list of man crushes, and hope that you also have an idea what goes through my head throughout the day. And please if you comment please leave me a list of your man/woman crushes.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I don't know what woman crush I have, but I do know that all of them would pale in comparison to your tiger man crush. :) love you babe.

Jared said...

I will never admit a man crush...I enjoyed your list Collin, but seriously - Will Farrell? I did enjoy watching Stockton and Jordan. Zidane, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo are personal favorites too. As for comedians I quote Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey all the time from "Dumb and Dumber", and Steve Carell is growing on me. There, I'm done, you got a couple out of me...not necessarily "man crushes" but I'll watch if they're on the screen. Good luck keeping the man crushes away from your daughter!

Brandt said...

You know that I man Crush one man and one man only, Dan Patrick. I miss seeing his face on sports center, but can not get enough of his knew radio show. To the creater of this blog I pass this Bud to you, for giving all men everywhere the chance to declase thier man crushes with out fear of hate, teaseing, or other behaviors agianst them that would make them feel as if thier man crushes are a bad thing. Thank you from men everywhere.

Cindy said...

Wow Collin. A whole new side of you. Good to know. :)

Actually, I have gotten in trouble with Dave many times for my girl crushes and (past) man crushes alike. Katharine McPhee, Ashley Judd,Jessica Simpson, pretty sales girl who came to the door last week, Matthew Broderick, Harry Connick Jr, Rod Stewart, Alec Baldwin to name a few.

Don't judge me. :)

Collin Shaw said...

Cindy I am so proud of you. My respect just went through the roof. I was hoping to get some woman crush feedback on the post. You made my day.

Anna said...

hmmmmm. I don't know. I'm always checking out girls butts, I even had a co worker call me on it once. I felt very embarrassed when he did though. As for personal ones, hmmmm I really don't know. Maybe Jen Anisten. But I like a little more meat to my ladies, maybe Queen Latah, she's hot. But I don't know how to spell her name. As for guy crushes, I was in love with Matthew Machonahay way before he was popular, like I discovered him. :)

Brandt said...

I have to call Jared out on to the carpet here. You sissy, you more or less declare eight mancrushes in your little comment there. SO just become comfortalbe withthe idea that you may admire a man a little to much, and decalre a man crush. Bruno, you to, I know that you man crush all sorts. Anywhere from the guy that flips your burger at a local eatery, to Jerry Sienfield. I am very disapointed in both of you.

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read that post. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.