Eat it Michelle!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Well Michelle, your not the only one who can cook in this family and blog about it, so for all those people out there that want man food, this ones for your.

I got this steak as a present to myself for graduation last night, because nothing says celebration like a fat chunk of cow meat.

First start off with a raw 20.4 oz porterhouse steak (or NY strip, t-bone, or ribeye, anything else isn't worth it in my opinion).


Next off is put on some of my favorite rub. This is Spade L ranch beef rub. It also comes in pork and chicken rub. You can only find it in Utah, and I always get it at Smith's or Kroger or whatever its called now. P.S. Thanks to Brandt for keeping my supply up. Once you have the steak all rubbed down, let it marinade for 2.5-4 hours, trust me its worth the patience.


When your ready to cook it, put some olive oil on a normal cookie sheet.


Throw that fat piece of steak down on your cookie sheet (doesn't she look beautiful).


Here's the twist as you may notice I am not grilling it. Throw it on a low broil in the oven for about 10 minutes per side. Honestly it tastes better than grilling because it sits there and just cooks in its own juices rather than surrendering them to the coals or propane fire below.


After twenty minutes, let it sit for about 5 more because the steak will continue to cook once its out of the oven. Once your ready grab a coke and go to town.

And here is the end result of all your hard work, a full stomach.


10 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm speechless, just speechless.

Mary Lou said...

Way to go Collin - I didn't see any meat left on that bone!! Did you fix one for Michelle too?

red said...

Mmmmmm....you should make a cookbook for dudes.

Anna said...

i like michelle am speechless.

Cindy said...

Reminds me of Man vs. Food. I think you would like that show :)

Max said...

Only 20.4 ounces? What kind of panty waist wimp are you? I use that small size for hor d'oeures.

Unknown said...

MMMMmmmmmm.....steak!!!!

Lauren and Carter said...

I always tell lauren to eat her fat on the steak but she never does. the fat gives it all the flavor. that was a thick piece of beef. looked good though. i am also a big fan of broiling meat now too.

Brandt said...

First, you are welcome. Spades just makes life worth living. Second, Broiling the meat is so good. If it cost more the 5$ a lbs, it is going in the broiler. Third, the only think that would have made that celebration dinner better was your two bros and Bruno and me. Congrats Bro.

Anonymous said...

Do you always rub your meat Collin, then let it relax for a few hours prior to putting it into the oven?