ACCEPTED!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Well it is official. After talking with Chrysler today and hammering out some details I have signed and sent my offer letter into Chrysler. We will probably be moving up to Auburn Hill, MI right after graduation. The position is the Chrysler Leadership Development Program. The job sounds really good, with lots of access to the top management. It's going to be a huge leap, but I think it is the right decision. Michelle and I have given it a lot of thought, and we feel that there is no way we should pass up this kind of opportunity when the job market sucks so bad.


As a bonus Detroit-Wayne airport is a Northwest/Delta so that means cheap flights. So anytime anyone wants to visit the Motor City feel free to come a party with us.

(And yes that is Chrysler's new logo, kind of cool)

7 comments:

grandma blair said...

So excited for you guys!!! way to go Collin, you have beaten the odds. It must be because you are such a @#% catch! lol

Michelle said...

Mom you are too cute. I think he is one hell of a catch too. Is that what you were saying. :)
Chrysler is lucky, almost as lucky as us.

Mary Lou said...

Collin I am so proud of you. What an example you are setting for your brothers too. You two will both be blessed for your sacrifices and the way you've got through this time in school. Good job!! Way to set out and accomplish your goals!!

red said...

I'm going to pretend that I'm crying because I'm excited for you. Actually I am excited for you. The prospect of steady income must feel wonderful. Congratulations!! And I will be coming to visit. Are you guys coming home this summer then? (PLEASE SAY YES.)

Ben said...

Congrats Colin, it is a nice change of pace to hear about people getting hired

Bbells said...

congrats! sad its not seattle, but we will come see you guys. let us know when you are ready for visitors

Collin Shaw said...

We will be ready for visitors on day one.