Holy Crap We Made It!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Well after 4 days and 2,072 miles My Dad and I made it to Columbia, South Carolina. I will post more about my adventures across the USA in a bit (when I unpack the cord to get my photos off my camera and on to my PC), but for now I just wanted everyone to know that I am here, FINALLY! I will say one thing about the journey. Driving across the country with your Dad is a life changing experience and I would recommend to anyone who wants to have a truly life changing experience. It was amazing to see America in all its glory, and realize how truly great this Land is. All day in the media you hear constant doom and gloom from the news, partly because that is what is sexy and sex sells, but when you see all of America you realize that this country will continue to be the Good 'Ol USA for a long time to come no matter what people say. I hope that everyone is doing good in Utah. 

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so happy you made it safely and Delilah and I can't wait to see you Tuesday night. We miss you and Love you!!!

Anna said...

Congratulations on your journey. Can't wait for the details. So glad you guys made it safe.

grandma blair said...

So glad you made it safe and sound, and no detours because of flooding. Way to go.

Mom B said...

We have amazing memories of the trip to Kansas when we moved Jeff, Kim and Taylor back there. Lots of fun conversations on walkie-talkies from our truck to Jeff's car, and singing How Much is That Doggie in the Window to Taylor about 100 times.