Daddy's Good Luck Charm

Saturday, January 3, 2009


I'm going to go out on a limb and say this. Delilah is the reason that Utah is undefeated and the best team in the Nation right now. Now hear me out for my reason. It all started with the Michigan game at the first of the year. I dressed Delilah in the same Jersey that you see above. Then when Utah played BYU same Jersey. And now last night as you can see from the above picture, I obviously couldn't change a winning formula had to dress her in the lucky Jersey. 


On a more serious note, last night was amazing. I was up till 4:15AM just listening to national radio shows and reading blogs. It was wonderful to bask in the Glory of the Sugar bowl victory knowing that Utah is the only undefeated team in the nation and rightfully should be the #1 team in the nation now. Really what anybody else says about Utah being #1 is superseded by the fact that Utah is Undefeated, something that no other team did this year.

The other thing that I love is that since I now live in prime SEC country and am going to rub it in down here. I have been getting grief all year long that Utah is that good and that they would get beat by any SEC team. Yeah first day of school on the 12th you better believe that I am wearing my Utah shirt and hat, and rubbing it in to all these SEC snobs down here. I really thought that by moving here to the South that I would see some truly great football, but I guess one just has to go to SLC to see the best football in the Nation. 

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You have the cutest lucky charm ever!
Congratulations honey, I knew it meant a lot to you.

grandma blair said...

We couldn't stop thinking about you as we watched the game last night. Congratulations on a great team. And as far as your good luck charm, I think you are right.

Jared said...

So that's the reason my Cougars lost?! I'm actually ok with the game now that I know the "real" reason the Ute's have all that "good luck". Congrats on being undefeated...I'm looking forward to the post of how your rubbing-it-in-day goes on Jan 12.